Inyo/LA Standing Committee
The Standing Committee is comprised of Inyo and LA policy makers and provide direction to the Inyo/LA Technical Group which is comprised of Inyo and LA technical staff. The Inyo County Water Department is governed by the Inyo County Board of Supervisors and has close ties to the Standing Committee, Technical Group, and Water Commission.
The Inyo/Los Angeles Standing Committee and Technical Group were created through a 1982 Memorandum of Understanding between the City and the County. The Inyo/Los Angeles Water Agreement establishes the continued existence of the two committees to represent the parties in implementing the Water Agreement. Regardless of the number of representatives from either party in attendance at a Standing Committee meeting or Technical Group meeting, Inyo County has one vote and Los Angeles has one vote.
Standing Committee Membership
Los Angeles’s representatives include at least:
– One member of the Los Angeles City Council
– The Administrative Officer of the City of Los Angeles
– Two members of the Board of Water and Power Commissioners
– Three staff members
Inyo County representatives include at least:
– Two members of the Inyo County Board of Supervisors
– Two Inyo County Water Commissioners
– County Administrator
– County Counsel
– Director of the Water Department